Tuesday

cameo

Thanks to Jacob and the Distant Castle kids for introducing me to CAMEO!
They showed some 80s videos of these guys before the show started the other day in which the lead singer sometimes wears a codpiece as seen above. I did a little research and found one of their 70s videos called "Shake Your Pants." I noticed that in the beginning there's a guitar line and a synth line that the Beastie Boys sample in their hit "Hey Ladies!" from the classic 1989 record Paul's Boutique, the record that pretty much invented the whole sample-heavy mashup rap thing. It's one of the best records of the last 20 years. And that's coming from someone who doesn't even like the beasties that much. Oh and here's that Cameo video:
Paul's Boutique, the album that kind of invented the heavy sampling mashup thing. Trust me, I don't even really like the beasties but that record is one of the best records of the last 20 yearsssss. Oh and here's that cameo song:

No comments:

Post a Comment